Skip to main content

Macbook Pro circa 2014 is not Unreal Engine friendly

I google for gpu benchmarks and used this app called Heaven on personal Macbook Pro and on my work laptop Lenovo/Windows. My windows laptop got a full 10 extra frames per second:

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

FPS:
22.9
Score:
576
Min FPS:
7.3
Max FPS:
45.6

System

Platform:
Darwin 17.2.0 x86_64
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz (2194MHz) x8
GPU model:
Intel Iris Pro (256MB) x1

Settings

Render:
OpenGL
Mode:
1440x900 fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
Medium
Tessellation:
Disabled

Windows Machine


Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

FPS:
35.8
Score:
901
Min FPS:
7.9
Max FPS:
65.1

System

Platform:
Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (2591MHz) x4
GPU model:
NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 21.21.13.7654/Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 20.19.15.4483 (2048MB) x1

Settings

Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1920x1080 fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
High
Tessellation:
Disabled
Powered by UNIGINE Engine

Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013

Powered by UNIGINE Engine

Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...