Skip to main content

Biofuels: Think Outside The Barrel

Google TechTalks
March 29, 2006

Vinod Khosla

Vinod Khosla is a venture capitalist considered one of the most successful and influential personalities in Silicon Valley. He was one of the co-founders of Sun Microsystems and became a general partner of the venture capital firm Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers in 1986. In 2004 he formed Khosla Ventures.

ABSTRACT
On Wednesday, March 29th, by invitation from our co-founders and CEO, our special guest, Vinod Khosla, visited Google to deliver a tech talk about the emergence of ethanol as a viable, market ready, and competitive source of renewable energy.

His presentation has been making huge waves in the investor, policy, and business communities and we are privileged to have had him take time to talk to us about the tremendous potential for ethanol's explosion into the market. Here are some recent articles that might be of interest in relation to this talk:

Vinod Khosla, a Silicon Valley billionaire, who wants to save the world from oil
http://www.economist.com/people/displaystory.cfm?story_id=5655161

On the Ethanol Bandwagon, Big Names and Big Risks
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/business/yourmoney/26etha.html?_r=1&oref=login

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

do you ever feel shutting down and starting from scratch?

I want to move to Brazil and fabricate some kind of reality that doesn't depress me doesn't bore me to tears and subject me to months of pointlessness punctuated by a few faint glimmers of hope. God where did I go wrong? How I did I allow things to get so bland? Why can't I break free from the monotony of adulthood? -- Darian Hickman http://www.darianhickman.com cell: (703) 201-0524 work: (703) 742-7660 x238