Skip to main content

Does my Multi-lingual Dream IDE Exist?

I want to code in golang while leveraging libs written in python, javascript, and c.  Is there an IDE where
  1. I can debug set breakpoints in all the languages.
  2. Set the log level once and the ide propagates that level to all the libs/languages.
  3. Use intellisense and jump to declarations, see completion options from all the relevant languages.
  4. Manage import of packages across all 4 languages.
  5. Get help managing the most direct language bindings between  golang and the other languages.


By the way, if this existed a couple years ago there would be no need for TypeScript or the other statically typed meta-Javascripts. You could just use the existing typed languages and binding seamlessly with existing javascript libs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...