Skip to main content

Best Electric Skateboard 2017 - (May 2017)





I saw one of these going uphill in San Fran recently, and realized this was the future of urban commutes.  Before seeing this skateboard,  I was following the evolution of ebikes but here's why I think e-skateboards could dominate:

1. Bikes are horrible at rush-hour on the metro.  Skateboards are much easier to pop out of the way.

2. Using e-skateboard while wearing a skirt is probably easier than using an e-bike in a skirt.

3. If I'm too tired or too long distance, bringing a skateboard on my Lyft is far easier than my e-bike.



Hopefully these features exist on the e-skateboards:





  1. Regenerative braking.  I'd love for the board to cap the downhill speed at 20 mph and use gravity to recharge the battery.  
  2. Spectra seems to have the features I expect like controlling direction and speed with shifting weight.
  3. Boosted I think is the one that keeps the motor right in the wheel .... awesome clean design and likely the most efficient.  

Good job innovators! 

-Darian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

do you ever feel shutting down and starting from scratch?

I want to move to Brazil and fabricate some kind of reality that doesn't depress me doesn't bore me to tears and subject me to months of pointlessness punctuated by a few faint glimmers of hope. God where did I go wrong? How I did I allow things to get so bland? Why can't I break free from the monotony of adulthood? -- Darian Hickman http://www.darianhickman.com cell: (703) 201-0524 work: (703) 742-7660 x238