Skip to main content

Getting to 14% bodyfat. One burrito bowl a day.

I made a commitment recently to drop to 14% bodyfat by end of June 2017.  How far will I get if I only eat one fajita bowl a day?   I've done a bunch of different experiments in the past on food.  So far the most awesome impact diet I've done is just kill all processed sugar and flour intake for 5 months.  I felt amazing clarity and sustainable energy while fully committed, not even diet soft drinks or ketchup.  I haven't veered much from that diet in general, but during times of boredom or vacation eating I've put on 10 lbs without even realizing it until I went running and it felt uphill on flat ground. So here it goes-about 600 calories a day intake, mostly veggies and beans.   I was at 22% bodyfat in Feb 2017.  I need to get an updated DEXA scan to see where I am now ( May 2017) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...