Skip to main content

President Obama's Accomplishments and Republicans.

Things I’m grateful for during Pres. Obama’s administration:
  1. I once got denied coverage because the insurance company claimed my shoulder injury was a pre existing condition.  Pres. Obama fixed that.  
  2. Obamacare subsidizes all forms of contraception meaning millions of unwanted pregnancies and therefore millions of abortions won’t happen.  
  3. By banning discrimination against sex orientation or gender, he’s kept the government from managing our bedrooms or managing our marriages.  As a Libertarian I love that.
  4. Pres. Obama didn’t start any new wars with Iran, or North Korea, saving us trillions of dollars and thousands of lives.
  5. Pres. Obama didn’t shut down stateside oil extraction and pushed hard on renewables and right now I’m enjoying super cheap energy costs.  The more we don’t need the Middle East the more safe our nation will be.  
  6. He’s addressed the targeting of Black Americans and Police Accountability better than any political leader I can imagine.  Multiple police departments around the country are now clamouring for body cams after several pilot programs demonstrated results.
  7. The gun control reform he’s promoting requires incredibly minimal impact on freedom and makes sense.    

Things Republicans can do to earn back my respect:  

  1. Do something. Show initiative, literally anything, besides complain about Pres. Obama which has been the main activity of Republicans in Congress for the last 8 years.
  2. Drop trickle-down theory completely.  
  3. Take the Libertarian candidates like Ron Paul, Rand Paul more seriously.  
  4. Make firearms training mandatory in American schools along with first aid training.
  5. Set the rate of taxation equal amongst wages, dividends, capital gains, estate, gifts, and cancelled debt by law.  This will end most of class warfare.
  6. Refactor Social Security, health subsidies, education subsidies into a flat guaranteed income for all US citizens.
  7. Go full Libertarian on drug laws and prostitution.  Drop the prison population dramatically and tax all those industries that are currently doing nothing more than empowering cartels.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...