Skip to main content

Investment Portals

After getting burned for at least the 3rd time on business deals with friends,  I've been looking into how to invest intelligently outside of the saturated stock market.  Here's a quick summary of sites I've found for investing in debt or equity or some other type of financial instrument related to startups.

Investment Portals

Prosper.com -  peer to peer lending. It lets you invest unsecured loans I believe with 3 and 5 year terms.  Prosper clearly labels the risk level for each loan and the purpose of the loan. needs docs to prove bank account.  Its to offer debt with no collateral.   I’m just getting an account established here.  
YieldStreet.com - only accredited investors.
RealtyShares.com - only accredited investors.
Fundrise.com - This is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) that you can join online. I have $1000 invested and so far it’s exceeding 8% annual return. I forget what the terms are for when you need to withdraw capital.
Groundfloor.us/  - still not active.  It’s just sign up for invite in only 8 states.  This is to invest in mortgages.    
WeFunder.com - helps you invest in startups usually ones that already have some sales. You can get started with $100 into Convertible Notes or SAFE agreements.  I still need to learn more how these types of financial instruments get paid back.  

Every portal above is about making a financial return on investment, that’s why Kiva and Kickstarter are not listed.  They mostly focus on helping an entrepreneur without a financial return.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life?

Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life? Here is an incredibly powerful step every Christian should take in their spiritual growth. I went on a retreat this year the weekend before Easter with my church to go through the process of taking inventory of my sin and repenting of it. My prayer life is stronger than ever now because there is no longer that wall of unrepented sin blocking Him from hearing me.