Skip to main content

Innovation Wishlist: I wanna build a rail system that doesn't involve clearing lots of space.

So a few nights ago a friend dropped a prophetic word on me and I felt encouraged to do another sit and listen to God time in the prayer house. Basically I spent two hours getting pictures of technology surrounding the idea of what would it take to ship a full size shipping container along an elevated rail underneath a forest canopy without having to clear any trees. Watch the video on Shweeb and then imagine that for shipping containers. http://shweeb.com/

Here’s the stream of thoughts from last night:
What is the tallest shipping container elevator that's not a crane?
Look at Minecraft see if it's good for modding to illustrate shipping containers.
Find somebody that invented self installing rail.
Can you use trees as load bearing pilings without cutting them down?
Has anyone invented somekind of rail router for switching tracks, like a traffic circle but for suspended rail?
Regarding the Shweeb concept is there a way to use existing bicycle on a rail
Do I know any roller coaster engineers?
Who can model this in Unity 3D?
Let people volunteer their google app engine accounts to host 3d model of Congo.
Wiki 3d model. Score people on accuracy.
Can Google app engine host unity 3-D?
What's the heaviest shipping container can get?


Idea Citations: 

www.shweeb.com  

Moving Freight by Rail is 4x more efficient than by road.   | csx.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...