Skip to main content

Designing a Great Government: Design Precept Anyone can sell nearly anything directly to anyone else in the World.


While doing quiet time.  I keep trying to be spiritual, sit in a room filled with live worship music a bunch of other Christians dancing randomly in the background, people sitting with blank or joyful faces eyes closed, others swaying.  Meanwhile I'm getting ideas on how to design higher quality government.

Tonight, my thoughts were again how do we push forward the quality of life for everyone?  How do we push government leaders into the same Key Performance Indicator accountability that any American CEO has to meet to keep his job?

One principle I want to develop: If you don't get results for the governed then you aren't the government.  Results could mean nearly anything and I think just agreeing on what Results means for government would be a huge step forward for all of mankind.  

A lot of media, hype, anxiety I see is people playing guessing games with friends about who actually runs the world.  Is it the CIA, or Rothschild's, the oil companies, the Freemasons, Catholic Church, Defense Contractors, Goldman Sachs.

I have no idea.  And I don't care.  ... Well at least I don't want to care.  Unfortunately it does matter who's in charge.  After reading Why Nations Fail it's painfully apparent that powerful groups do almost anything to the not-so-powerful to keep their power and prosperity.  My hope with setting more international standards for quality of life is that we all can move forward far faster than Industrial Revolution has thus far caused.

Some example standards I thought of:
Anyone anywhere can sell anything to anyone else directly.  Some legitimate limitations like nukes will apply.  But the point is that there's nothing stopping me from buying something straight from a specific person, if I so choose.  I think it's the ultimate fair trade requirement.

Prosper.com is peer to peer lending of money.
Relayrides.com is peer to peer leasing of cars.
Airbnb.com is peer to peer leasing of homes.
Etsy.com is peer to peer purchase of crafts.
These types of businesses that enable direct connection to many consumers needs to grow to an audience of the entire planet.  I suspect that some Governments will get in the way because they are paid to get in the way by power-brokers.  We need a quality data driven approach to incentivizing governments to stay out of the way of phenomenon.  It helps so many people directly add value other people's lives.

So where is the peer to peer site for buying food straight from the farmer?
What's the best the site to buy clothes straight from the tailor?

Source Cites:
www.prosper.com
www.airbnb.com
www.etsy.com

Man that's just one design principle for Great Government.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...