Skip to main content

I'm back in Cali. Yay!!

I flew into Burbank Thursday afternoon, caught with Allan at YWAM LA, got my wonder VW Jetta back, and had a good time visiting with the new crop of students there. After a great meeting with Blake about the artwork for the card game and video game I headed back up YWAM LA. Get this, I accidentally fasted the entire day until dinner with YWAM LA which was pretty cool because the YWAM students themselves were fasting on purpose.

Things are really moving forward with Village, too. Today I had lunch with a Fuller student named Shanek Fernando, who just happens to want to make a reality tv show about international development as well. Village the Show, of course, you knew it was coming. =)

My body is still on two timezones I think, I'm not sure which ones though. I'm dead tired in the afternoon around 2; take a quick 3 hour nap; and I'm still falling asleep at midnight. Hmm... go figure.

I'm at the 1570 again up in Pasadena. If you're in the area give me a call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...