Skip to main content

Village is a slow journey and I'm going to enjoy it.

Here's the latest update of the cover art for Village. Btw, update your bookmarks: Village lives at http://www.villagethegame.com now not simvillage.blogspot.com. We've been having a great time of prayer at the 1570. We've done the "listening experiment" a few times now and it's gone really well. It's Tim's and my way of introducing people to the experience that you can ask God questions and He'll actually respond with words or pictures. A few of us prayed the other night about Village and what I'm supposed to do next. Ashley got the word "play". And Tim got some impression that I needed to figure out why I had such contempt for the way God does things. That same night I had a dream I was goofing off with Patrick, my younger brother. He started berating me because I was being a clutz and so I smacked him upside the head. In typical little brother fashion, he asked "What do you want from me?". "Patience" I replied in the dream. Of course, Dad was watching all this happen so he got up out of his chair and smacked me upside my head. Knowing fully why he smacked me, I just looked at him and stubbornly replied, "So be it." .... So after waking from this awkward family dream, I realized several things. God wants me to show more mercy towards others and more patience towards God. (If you want a fuller interpretation of the dream email me.) Building Village is going to take a while and God is okay with that so I have to be okay with that too. Ashley's word "play" is the only option. I have to enjoy this journey or it won't happen. There is no option to 'suck it up', ignore the pain, and just sprint to the finish line like I did repeatedly for four years in college. So Village is going to be a long journey and I'm going to enjoy it. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...