Skip to main content

Come see "The New Heroes" documentary

When: 8pm Fri, Jun 16, 2006
Where:1570 N Holliston Ave, Pasadena CA 91104
http://www.pbs.org/opb/thenewheroes/

The New Heroes tells the dramatic stories of 14 daring people from all corners of the globe who, against all odds, are successfully alleviating poverty and illness, combating unemployment and violence, and bringing education, light, opportunity and freedom to poor and marginalized people around the world.

Also known as "social entrepreneurs," they develop innovations that bring life-changing tools and resources to people desperate for viable solutions. What is possible? You'd be surprised. Take a journey into a world where people take action to make a big difference.

Drinks and snacks will already be there.  Bring extra stuff if you want.  Let me know if you need directions.

Reply to: comm-171965169@craigslist.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life?

Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life? Here is an incredibly powerful step every Christian should take in their spiritual growth. I went on a retreat this year the weekend before Easter with my church to go through the process of taking inventory of my sin and repenting of it. My prayer life is stronger than ever now because there is no longer that wall of unrepented sin blocking Him from hearing me.