Skip to main content

I finally got a car! Praise God!

A lady in Pasadena was nice enough to sell me her 2003 VW Jetta GL for $8k. So now I can go to classes and audtions without having to beg the roommates for rides. Good times. Now all I have to do is figure out insurance and how to pay for it. =)

Life is slow but good these days. Not a whole lot of acting going on but a whole lot of uploading videos, sifting through craigslist, researching classes and nowcasting.com listings, business cards, head shots, blah, blah, blah....

The roommate Tim McGinnis is going hard core with his Life Coaching business. It's been cool to pray with him and the other guys in the house on all the goals and dreams we are all pursuing. It's like mini-YWAM in this house. I love it!

Ooh! I almost forgot... I went to the Biola Media Conference this weekend and it was awesome! The conference is an annual meeting to network and attend workshops to help Christians who have come to influence Hollywood. I had no idea how big the Christian movement in Hollywood really was until I went to this event. There's a movie coming out to the theatres on September 29th called "Facing the Giants". It's awesome! A multimedia pastor from Albany Georgia put this film together for $100,000 with his church as the crew and his actors. It's all done with nonprofessional actors and nonprofessional crew. Sony got wind of it and they are distributing it in 380 theatres nationwide this fall. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...