Skip to main content

Turn your website into a Blogger managed site.

Discover the ease of maintaining your website once you turn it into a blogger driven template. I did this for my own website: http://www.darianhickman.com and now adding new content is a breeze. I started playing with Blogger in 2004 and fell in love with how easy it was to put up new content. The only hard part was creating a template that worked well with all the content I already had on my existing website.

Hire me to turn your existing website into a blogger managed site. It could cost as little as $200.00 depending on the complexity of your site. In addition to the main page I'll edit 5 other pages of your site to feed into Blogger.

Case Study: YWAM VA (http://www.ywamva.org)
Their old site was all in flash and very hard to update. Out-of-date content would stay up on their website for months as they waited for benevolent geeks like me to come help them out. Also since all of their text was embedded in the flash document it wasn't getting indexed by Google. For awhile my site www.darianhickman.com ranked higher for the search words "ywam richmond va" than www.ywamva.org itself, just because I had one blog post about working with them. Another side effect of keeping everything in flash was that the YWAM staff couldn't track which pages were getting viewed. That all changed when I took the look and feel of their flash site and turned it into a blogger template. After a one hour class on using the new blogger driven site, the YWAM staff could update their content as they needed, upload pictures, add in hyperlinks, and copy and paste html from other sites. Now their page ranks #1 for "ywam richmond va". Every page is getting their stats tracked using StatCounter.com. Their website is all-around more effective at reaching people and much easier to maintain.

The YWAM Package:
  1. Conversion of flash template to blogger template.
  2. Integrating statcounter.
  3. One hour class, plus one hour of questions and answers.
  4. Feeding 5 old pages into the new blogger template.
Package Price: $1195.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...