Skip to main content

Hollywood is real!


It really exists. I've heard about Hollywood and Santa Monica Blvd, and Bel Air, and 90210 and The OC. They're not just television fantasies. They really exist. It's nowhere near as glitzy though. Quite to the contrary, they have ugly people and crazy people and pretty people all the same. They have Satanists, and wiccans, and scientologists and Christians all over the place. Hollywood isn't as secular as I had stereotyped. It's chaulk full of all kinds of religions including Christianity. This morning the Satanist was explaining how the lady with the Tarot cards is probably demon possessed. My routine this past week has been some quiet slightly adventurous days exploring the mass transit system of LA, and the evenings have been filled with meeting just and insane number of Christian artists, actors, screenwriters, directors, musicians. There's groups all over the area for Christians in "The Industry".

By the way, Mosaic church is really awesome. The first night I attended, Erwin McManus spoke about taking initiative and not giving up. This guy is so dead on. Afterwards we went out to Pitfire Pizza and socialized for a bit. The got the whole warm open atmosphere down packed. I met too many people to count the first night I was there. Awesome group! Right now I'm reading Erwin latest book "Chasing Daylight". Again right on. Via a long chain of emails and Mosaic friends I found some guys who are letting me crash at their place in Pasadena, so I'm moving over there today. So things are definitely going better than the first day I arrived. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life?

Have You Made the Wonderful Discovery of the Spirit-Filled Life? Here is an incredibly powerful step every Christian should take in their spiritual growth. I went on a retreat this year the weekend before Easter with my church to go through the process of taking inventory of my sin and repenting of it. My prayer life is stronger than ever now because there is no longer that wall of unrepented sin blocking Him from hearing me.

The YWAM VA Experience

Before Che Guevara hooked up with Fidel Castro to start the revolution in Cuba, he used his training in medicine as a ticket to travel all over Latin America offering help wherever he went and build relationships across the continent. I am finding out my ticket to travel the world and serve is computers. Serving YWAM VA as resident computer geek has been an awesome excuse to build relationships with YWAM missionaries, and learn more about what God is putting on people's hearts to do for His kingdom. Several ywamer's here ( Monica , Kay, and Mike) are answering the call to mend a very damaged relationship between Jews and Christians. After a couple millenia of organized Christianity committing atrocities against the Jewish people there is now a new flood of Jews discovering Jesus. Christians are finally treating Jews in a Christ-like manner and they are responding by embracing Jesus as their Messiah. The Jewish World Office Ywamers here are pretty excited to see the number of M...