Skip to main content

Latest and Greatest from me:




I am officially on my year of missions work and free from the Marine Corps!

I am slowly but surely making contacts with YWAM bases in Brazil. Some have expressed interest in sponsoring my missions visa. There's a big conference happening there in the beginning of September that would be an awesome opportunity to network with lots of bases at once. Not sure if I can get the visa in time but I'm hoping and praying!

My braces actually seem to be the biggest holdup. Orthodontist said it would a few more months before I finish up treatment.

This summer was a huge step in the right direction. I got to experience the power of prayer on a regular basis and got confirmed that living in tight-nit Christian community is how I want to live permanently.

I'll be spending some time with friends from college/Baltimore in the next couple of days.

This past Monday I was hanging out with Deborah doing some touristy things in DC. We went to check out the Library of Congress. That's where the pic is from. The building itself is ridiculously ornate and very pretty! Check out my pics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...