Skip to main content

Prayers Answered

I'm in Orlando, serving with YWAM and I wanted to take this time to share all the prayers that have been answered.
I prayed to live in a micro-community of missionary minded Christians and that has definitely been answered.  This form of communal living is exactly how it should be.  One community, one mission: it's the way to live!  I got the top bunk in my room and a cool roommate from New York named Ryan.  I have no real privacy and I don't miss it at all. =)  Living life with a Christian team is awesome.  Living with people who understand the need for quiet time with the Bible is awesome.

Also I prayed for God to deliver me from the thorns, to deliver me from the distractions dragging me down in my former life and so far that has been abundantly answered.  I have no desire to spend time on TV, video games, movies, or reading news sites.  I spend my entire day focused on my purpose and it totally rocks! Did I mention that I don't have to drive a car either.  Two weeks in Florida and no speeding tickets. Woohoo!  Also, it's been so easy to take 90 minutes a day for prayer and reading the Bible.  Consequently, it's been so much easier to take captive of every thought and make it edifying to mission at hand.

This lifestyle rocks!  I am really impressed with how efficient YWAM is with keeping us fed and sheltered.
My base fee of $400.00 covers all my food and lodging for 2.5 months.

And praise God for the support I've received so far: $350.00.  People gave even though it wasn't tax deductible. And even more good news: Now you can write a check to YWAM Orlando on my behalf for up to $400.00 and it will be tax-deductible! I talked to their accounting guru about this and he said it was totally legit.  Don't know why there was an issue before-hand.

Lastly, I was complaining to God this past Sunday about how we were so busy with training that I spent my first week as a full-time missionary without sharing Christ.  Then God delivered.  While sitting in the local park doing some quiet time, I met a teenager named Travis and I gave him my copy of the Livin'IT DVD that Stephen Baldwin is producing. One of Travis's friends came trying to recruit him for a skateboarding competition which is the exact audience that the Livin' It DVD targets. It's so cool to see God in action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How effective is Blogger at sharing now.

This works great for 1 day trips somewhere if you have a fridge and laptop plugged in.  

Brazil is Cool and I want in on the Action

Many have asked and many times I have explained Why Brazil? I am going to Brazil because something is going on down there, and I want in on it. Spiritually there is a huge revival going on down there. Small groups explode into megachurches. People receive prophecy and obey to go on and do great things for God. And more missionaries hail from Brazil than any other country in the world. Here's a few stories that inspired me: One prayer team from Brazil instigated a revival in Goa, India. Stephen Baldwin becomes a Christian because a Brazilian nanny obeyed prophecy. A Brazilian Missionary defies 'The Prince of Peru' to instigate revival in Peru. I believe that when I get down there I'll find mentors to take me into more powerful prayer, into more effective evangelism, and more mission-oriented churches. Essentially my hope for Brazil is that I can find a community who will help me take my faith from applying the wisdom of the Bible to something more personal ...

Village the Game Show and Tell Fundraiser

Sunday, Nov 1, 2009 (7:00 PM to 9:30 PM) at PIHOP 1401 N Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA Googl e www.villagethegame.com Socializr URL: www.socializr.com/event/512603101 Posted by Darian Hickman Imagine while teaching English in rural Nigeria, you tell one of your students about Kickstart MoneyMaker pumps. Your student buys one to irrigate his 2 acre farm. In the first growing season, he makes 10 times more income and brings his entire family out of poverty. His neighbors copy his success and together they climb out of poverty while producing more food for themselves and their community. Join us on Nov 1st at the Pasadena International House of Prayer to learn about how Village the Game is going to inspire volunteers, teachers, cross cultural workers, and entrepreneurs to make even greater impact in the communities they serve. Village the Game is an initiative to raise awareness of several amazing enterprises in the Third World that are providing tools to villagers which help these villagers ri