Skip to main content

Prayers Answered

I'm in Orlando, serving with YWAM and I wanted to take this time to share all the prayers that have been answered.
I prayed to live in a micro-community of missionary minded Christians and that has definitely been answered.  This form of communal living is exactly how it should be.  One community, one mission: it's the way to live!  I got the top bunk in my room and a cool roommate from New York named Ryan.  I have no real privacy and I don't miss it at all. =)  Living life with a Christian team is awesome.  Living with people who understand the need for quiet time with the Bible is awesome.

Also I prayed for God to deliver me from the thorns, to deliver me from the distractions dragging me down in my former life and so far that has been abundantly answered.  I have no desire to spend time on TV, video games, movies, or reading news sites.  I spend my entire day focused on my purpose and it totally rocks! Did I mention that I don't have to drive a car either.  Two weeks in Florida and no speeding tickets. Woohoo!  Also, it's been so easy to take 90 minutes a day for prayer and reading the Bible.  Consequently, it's been so much easier to take captive of every thought and make it edifying to mission at hand.

This lifestyle rocks!  I am really impressed with how efficient YWAM is with keeping us fed and sheltered.
My base fee of $400.00 covers all my food and lodging for 2.5 months.

And praise God for the support I've received so far: $350.00.  People gave even though it wasn't tax deductible. And even more good news: Now you can write a check to YWAM Orlando on my behalf for up to $400.00 and it will be tax-deductible! I talked to their accounting guru about this and he said it was totally legit.  Don't know why there was an issue before-hand.

Lastly, I was complaining to God this past Sunday about how we were so busy with training that I spent my first week as a full-time missionary without sharing Christ.  Then God delivered.  While sitting in the local park doing some quiet time, I met a teenager named Travis and I gave him my copy of the Livin'IT DVD that Stephen Baldwin is producing. One of Travis's friends came trying to recruit him for a skateboarding competition which is the exact audience that the Livin' It DVD targets. It's so cool to see God in action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...