Skip to main content

Lesson Learned: Don't bother with online courses

Note to Self: Most of the value in going to school is forming
relationships with other students and professors. Online classes
piled on top of your already busy schedule just doesn't cut it.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: skippar@regent.edu
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:37:38 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Dear New Testament Students:
To: skippar@regent.edu


Well our course is over. Thank you for participating. I have enjoyed
reading your posts and interacting with you online, and I hope you
have gained something from our studies that will help you on your way
in the never-ending journey further into the deep things of God.

I was a little concerned this morning when I looked at the exams and
discussion boards and saw so much undone work. Please note that my
recent �amnesty� announcement said, "Just make sure you have all your
exams completed by the scheduled end-of-course date." According to the
Assignments sheet that was November 13. Unless some prior arrangement
has been made with me, you should be finished.

So please finish ALL your work, if you have not already done so. I�ll
give it another 48 hours (for those without prior agreements for
extensions). After that time, there will be a penalty for late work. I
must turn the grades in soon (three NT classes worth) and there are
many, many grades to calculate.

Thank you, and have a blessed Sunday

SHP



--
Darian Hickman
http://www.darianhickman.com
(703) 201-0524

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netsquared likes Village and I'm in LA now.

On March 13th, Village the Game received a great response from the NetSquared NetTuesday meeting in San Francisco. It's really encouraging to meet so many people who want to help Village succeed. Now I'm off to LA to work with buddies in "the industry" for creating some promo videos for Village the Game. Most recent epiphany I've had: Sharing the vision of Village is a lot more effective in a visual format rather than as a casual conversation at a bar. :) If you're in LA let me know. I'd love to catch up.

Physics Moment: how many zoom levels does the Universe require?

I made a quick table of reference lengths in meters to figure out if I ever made a data visualization tool for the entire universe, how many zoom levels would it have to support? One zoom level is one power of ten.  reference length power is there anything meaningful that's smaller than planck length? planck length 1.62E-35 meters nanometer 1.00E-09 meter 1.00E+00 kilometer 1.00E+03 light year 9.46E+15 meter diameter of known universe 4.40E+26 So the total zoom levels of the Entire Universe are: 61.00 61 zoom levels is way more than Farmville or Warcraft So 61 zoom levels. How do these zoom levels compare to the Big Data Explosion.   reference quantity of data bytes bit 1.25E-01 1 or 0 and that's it. byte 1.00E+00 base unit for most data types in programming languages kb 1.00E+03 Starting number for web optimized images and javascript libraries mb 1.00E+06 Starting number for a song gigabytes GB 1.00E+09 This is base unit of $10 USB sticks terab...